What's in My Backpack: 5 Weeks in 1½ Bags

Februari 08, 2016

This time, I’m gonna show you guys the stuff that I bring for DTSD, to support my life for like 5 weeks ahead. I’m not saying this is the best travel packing that I used to do, since I will stay at a boarding house for pretty much long time—and not moving to somewhere else that much, so I’m sorry if you find this not really ‘inspiring’, heheh.. So, lets get started!



First thing first, let me introduce my companion for this trip. And they are my ... BAGS! :D As I said earlier (in previous post) that this time I will bring 2 luggage. The first one is my COZMEED CHUMBHU STEP X-60.

Cozmeed Chumbhu Tampak Depan (kiri) & Belakang (kanan)

I reeeally love this bag. I bought it last year at the price of Rp525.000,00. The actual price was Rp699.900,00 but I got a 25% discount that time :D And this bag is a local brand which why I like it so much—at the same time I can support the local products. It has several features that really come in handy. It has comfortable paddings and back system (called AirSpace, with so many pockets/spaces that you can fill it with your stuff. And on top of that, the main reason why I choose this bag than any others is because it has front-loading. So, you can easily grab/insert things from/to its main compartment which is I found it really really convenient.
(For the full information you can just visit the website here)

Cozmeed's Front Loading

And this is the list of what I bring with my Cozmeed carrier:

CLOTHING:
I have 3 T-Shirts (plus 1 T-Shirt that I wear on the road), 4 undershirts (I have to change it regularly coz I’ll be wearing it almost everyday), 6 underwears (same on this), 2 ‘Batik’ shirts, 1 praying shirt (baju koko), 3 pair of socks, 1 sweatpants (plus 1 that I wear on the road; and fyi, I’m not a jeans fan coz I found it not too comfortable for me especially when I have to be on the road for a long time, so I prefer to use sweatpants :D), 2 shorts (cabe-cabean size), 1 sarong & prayer mat (sajadah), 1 small-size towel, 1 tie, 1 belt, and last but not least 1 beach sarong (kain Bali; it’s really multi-functional!).

So, thats all the garments that I bring in my Cozmeed bag, and I pack them all in a big-red-fabric pouch. And rather than folding the cloth in regular way, I prefer to roll it up and I found it really space-saving. In addition, actually it will be more convenient if we use different puch for different type of cloth, like the T-Shirts in one puch, then all the underwears in one puch, and so on.

My Big-Red-Pouch

FOOTWEAR:
I bring 1 pantofel shoes and 1 flip-flops, and I put them in separate plastic bags. (plus 1 sneakers that I use on the road)

TOILETRIES:
This is also really essentials so I bring a LOT of them :D. I have liquid soap, a soap bar, a bottle of  shampoo, toothpaste, a toothbrush, facial wash, wet wipes, cotton buds, and perfume.

MEALS:
Well, to keep me entertained and starve-less, I also bring several snacks like chocolate bars, toasts (my mom made it), 3 bottles of mineral water, and on top of that my mom made a lunch for me which is a scoop of rice, fried chicken, & omelette, YUM! :D

MISC.:
The additional stuff that I also bring in my carrier are: a rain coat (ponco), an umbrella (in case that I have to share it with friends), nail clipper (gunting kuku), small-sized cutter, needle & threads, pins (peniti), flashlight (cuz I have somewhat nyctophobia), paperwork, shoe polish & its brushlots of plastic bags, bug repellents, and the medicines that my mom orderer me to bring (cough,flu, & diarhea medicines, honeys, & aromatherapy oil)

Well, I think thats pretty much all of the things that I have in my Cozmeed bag, and one little trick to pack our stuff with a carrier is that we can stack them based on their weight. The lighter things is on the bottom side, and the heavier one on top of that. Then, make sure we adjust and compress the buckles & straps until we find it comfortable to carry. J

So lets move on the second bag, which is my PALAZZO bag that I got from Prajab. This bag is also convenient cuz I can use it in several ways, like as a regular backpack, a shoulder bag, or a hand bag.
On this trip, I have to bring several important things that I can not lose them, so I put it in the separate bag that I will take it to the aircraft’s cabin.

My Palazzo Bag

And the things inside this bag are:

ELECTRONIC DEVICES:
Such as my 14” laptop & its charger, cellphone, USB cable, travel adapter, earphone, and harddisk

PAPERWORK:
I bring one folder that contains all the paperwork that I have to have in DTSD and all of its requirements. I also bring a story book to keep me entertained :D And then I bring a small notebook which I always bring anywhere in case I have to store information when I can’t use my cellphone, and last but last least I also bring my writing tools, like pencils, pens, erasers, etc.

CLOTHING:
Ok, I still have several pieces of fabric that I store in this bag cuz I have to keep it neat & crease-less, and I’m gonna use them on the very first (and every)-day of DTSD. They are: 3 white longsleeve shirt & 3 black trousers.

MISC.:
I also have my wallet, dry tissue, additional glasses, & candies in this bag :D

Fyuh, that’s all the things that I bring on this trip, I think, ... if I’m not missing anything. And to live for 5 weeks with only 1½ bags, I’m pretty proud of myself :D Since I’m gonna stay mostly in the boarding house and not moving that much, I dont apply the ‘light-traveling’ way this time. Cuz, you know, I only need to move the things in my house to my boarding house, so it’s not like I’m gonna carry it with me everywhere I go. J

So, this the end of What’s in My Backpack section. Hope you guys find it useful. Sorry for the grammar errors and... Thank You... J  




Thanks-List:
YOU, for reading this! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.